InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad
In my LinkedIn Learning course, InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad, I will show you how to use Adobe InDesign CS6 to create print books for the exploding ebook market.
Starting with an overview of how ebooks are bought, sold, and read, this course will show you how to prepare existing InDesign files for optimal EPUB conversion, and how to design new projects for a dual print/EPUB output.
I will also demonstrate how to embed video and fonts in reflowable ebooks, and how to customize the internal markup for various devices, including converting files to the Kindle format. Finally, you will discover how to set up publisher accounts at the major ebook distribution channels, such as iBookstore, or even sell ebooks directly to readers on your own ecommerce site.
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
eBook Publishing is a great way to get your work to your waiting audience. So let’s get started with InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
If you’re not a member of lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning, you will only be able to see sample videos in each course. To get full access to all the videos in my courses and others, you can get a free 30-day Premium membership trial using this link: https://linkedin-learning.pxf.io/amc_videos.