Learn how to use the software you already know and love for print publications—Adobe InDesign CC—to create great looking ebooks. In my LinkedIn Learning course, you will learn what’s hidden inside an EPUB, the ebook standard format, and how InDesign can be the fastest road to an EPUB, with its ability to automatically convert your files into the necessary HTML and CSS.
As the training progresses, you’ll discover how to optimize existing text, graphics, tables, and videos and tailor your EPUBs specifically for the Kindle, Kobo, and NOOK e-readers. I’ll also share some free scripts for Mac and Windows that will make your ebook export even faster, as well as features in InDesign CC built especially for ebooks, such as semantic markup and CSS resizing.
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
If you’re not a member of lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning, you will only be able to see sample videos in each course. To get full access to all the videos in my courses and others, you can get a free 30-day Premium membership trial using this link: https://linkedin-learning.pxf.io/amc_videos.